Children in Ontario will be ready and eager to achieve success in school by the time they start Grade One.
The Prescott-Russell Best Start Community Network is a group of providers in health, social, community, and educational services to all children aged from birth to 12 years old in the United Counties of Prescott and Russell and their families to offer integrated services that contribute to child development and a smooth introduction to academic life.
The Best Start Community Network of Prescott-Russell is responsible for the implementation of its community plan.
The scope of the initiative is intended to be as broad as possible for this age range, covering the spectrum of health, education, social supports and children’s services.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create inter-sectoral links to ensure integration and promote the exchange of information;
- Ensure, monitor and evaluate services, policies, resources and systems in the implementation of the community plan;
- Establish various working groups as required;
- Be a cornerstone for decision making.
Start is designed to give Ontario’s children the best possible start in life and help them achieve success in school. The Best Start Community Network of Prescott-Russell will:
- Support the objectives of the learning and care hubs in Prescott-Russell;
- Reach communities, strengthen existing partnerships and develop new ones;
- Ensure effective communication between the different systems to provide quality services to children and their families.
The Prescott Russell Best Start Network is responsible for providing and implementing its annual plan to the Ministry of Children and Youth Services, which plan reflects the needs of its communities. The implementation plan integrates the various program funders. All members of the Prescott-Russell Best Start Community Network are equally responsible for the integration of services and work closely together towards a common goal
Each working group will forward a copy of their meeting summary (working group report) to the Community Network Coordination Team. Each meeting of the Community Network will reserve a time slot for submission of reports from the working groups to facilitate information, exchange and enable the community network to support the work of the learning and care hubs.
The Prescott-Russell Best Start Network will develop and maintain an updated master list of the Precott and Russell Community Partners.
The Best Start Kit will be available by the end of the year 2012.