The Child Care Services offer several programs and services which include the following:
- management of service agreements and services with licensed daycares;
- operation of a Licensed Home Child Care Agency with the Ministry of Education;
- offer of financial help to parents with fee subsidies
- Offer of family and child support services
- Prescott and Russell Integration Services for Children with Special Needs
- the Glengarry-Prescott-Russell Early Years Centre plans early years services through the Prescott and Russell Best Start Network.
Programs available in Prescott and Russell
Within the United Counties of Prescott and Russell, there are different types of Child Care options to help meet the needs of parents and children. Full-time or part-time Licensed Child Care services are available in both Child Care Centers and in private homes.
Licensed Child Care
Licensed Child Care is offered in a Child Care Centre or in a private home and must meet the requirements of the Day Nurseries Act.
Link to the Day Nurseries Act :
Choosing Quality Child Care
Quality Child Care provides peace of mind and helps balance work and family. It also promotes healthy child development, including physical, emotional, social, and intellectual.
The Ontario Ministry of Education has launched a new website to assist parents in making informed decisions about Licensed Child Care. To access the site, click on the link below: